Finally, I got around to getting these done...and my husband was awesome and hung them up for me where I wanted them. I am happy with how they turned out. Yeah, you may have to click on the picture to enlarge it if you really want a close look...but this is what I did:
8 pieces of wood cut 8x10, perfectly cut because my dad did it for me (Thanks Dad!!)
8 sheets of paper
8 pictures, 5x7 printed with sepia so they have a brown effect to match the brown trim I painted on the edges of the boards.
Paint edges of boards, modge podge on paper. Let dry. Sand edges. Modge Podge on Pictures. Let dry. Hang...
My kids were excited that the walls are finally getting decorated :)